Warning: full episode spoilers follow.
You may have noticed that I haven't been doing Avengers Assemble reviews for the last few months. Or maybe you haven't, which is pretty much the reason why I stopped in the first place. There seems to be a lot of apathy about this show among older viewers, with the consensus every week that the show may have its merits, but it's not up to the standard set by its predecessor, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. There are only so many ways you can argue that point in a review before it gets old.
But with Captain America: The Winter Soldier in theaters and this week's Avengers Assemble drawing in the Guardians of the Galaxy ahead of their big movie debut in August, now seemed like as good a time as any to revisit the series and see if it's made any progress. Unfortunately, I was disappointed (if not terribly surprised) to find that it hasn't. Even this close to the end of Season 1, Avengers Assemble still boasts all the same strengths and weaknesses as it did in the early weeks.
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire