vendredi 27 juin 2014

Battle Princess of Arcadias Review

Battle Princess of Arcadias wasn’t announced with much fanfare, but I sat up and took notice anyway. It immediately reminded me of games like Odin Sphere and GrimGrimoire, and since I’m a huge Vanillaware fan, I knew I had to play it. I can’t say that Battle Princess can go toe to toe with Odin Sphere, but its bubbly mix of beat ‘em up, role-playing, and strategy kept me smiling the whole time I played it.



The first thing I noticed about Battle Princess is its bright and beautiful world, which sets it apart from the more common drab, post-apocalyptic look of so many other games about a world in need of a savior. It’s clear that developer Apollosoft took its art direction cues from Vanillaware (forests and mountains look like they’re copied directly from Odin Sphere), and Battle Princess does a good job capturing the vibrant color palette. Unfortunately, it also looks like an old Flash game, based on the at times flat and choppy quality of the animation. I was relieved to find that choppiness doesn’t affect the gameplay in any way, since much of Battle Princess’ fun lies in the fast-paced combat.


Continue reading…





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire