jeudi 26 décembre 2013

Editorial: Why Neo-Geo X is my Console of the Year

Somehow, I ended up with three new consoles this year. I say somehow, I know exactly how; I’m weak-willed and apparently hate having money. The Wii U was a rare impulse purchase at a bargain price, but one I’m very happy with thanks to Nintendo finally getting into their first-party stride. Planned for and payed off well in advance was my PS4, a system I absolutely adore at this point even though we’re only weeks into its lifespan. The third console I bought in 2013 happens to be my favourite of the bunch, although it’s not what you might expect…


The console in question is grossly overpriced, has no social media or streaming features and it doesn’t have high-definition graphics; in fact, its visual output is terribly washed out. Its update process is clunky to say the least and it can’t even connect to the internet. The hardware developers and brand owners are also currently embroiled in a nasty battle over whether the device is still allowed to be sold and, as such, there are likely to be only 26 games ever available for it.


Continue reading…





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire