dimanche 31 juillet 2016

Nicks in Piston

A guy has a 454 long block he wants to sell me, that came out of a boat. It was supposedly professionally built and the the boat repo'd by the bank. This guy pulled the engine and found small nicks in the top of one piston and put another engine in the boat. He's asking next to nothing for it, so I was skeptical. The marks look like someone put a long reach plug in it and broke the electrode off. It has a lot of good stuff in it, so I'm going to get it no mater what, but would you run it with maybe 10 small nicks in one piston?

The 4 bolt block has been decked clearenced for the valves and heads have roller rockers, guides and studs and big valves. I'm guessing it will be in the 11:1 compression range. I need to pull the cam and check specs. I'll post pics when I get it home.


Nicks in Piston

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire