dimanche 28 août 2016

Water piping directly to the heads ???

We have had a hard time getting the heat out of our motor lately.
As is, we have two intakes on the plates, piped with 5/8" hose run separately to each side of the block. It's an SBC race boat so we do not run a water pump. The outlet is a 8 an out the side do the boat. I run another 6an hose off the motor discharge directly to the v-drive.

So my question is; am I completely out of line by thinking I can install a 6 an tee on each intake hose and run it directly into the head? There is a 3/8" pipe plug by the exhaust outlets. That's where the heat is causing me the grief. Lost at least three exhaust valves on number 6 this year.

Open for suggestions!
SE-61 Dave


Water piping directly to the heads ???

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire