jeudi 30 janvier 2014

Ranko Tsukigime's Longest Day Preview

Before I even knew that Suda 51 had anything to do with it, Ranko Tsukigime’s Longest Day stood out to me when I glimpsed it from across the room. Unlike a lot of people who grew up playing them, I never got sick of 2D side-scrollers, so when I see one with the kind of evocative style, and fast-paced gameplay that Longest Day exhibits, I can’t help but be drawn in; the fact that Suda-san is producing, and that Tokyo Jungle’s Crispy’s is developing is just the gravy on top for me.


Ranko Tsukigime is, as you’ve probably already guessed, not your average teenager. Sure, she goes to school and has normal friends with every-day concerns, but it’s almost entirely a farce for her. Her true life is as an assassin, and where some similar stories are about how the protagonist balances her normal, natural, adolescent challenges with more extraordinary ones, this tale already seems refreshingly different. As I watched the first of what I am told are many beautifully-crafted anime cutscenes, a far more tantalizing plot-point came to light: the reason this is going to be Ranko Tsukigime’s longest day is because her newly assigned target is none other than her father.


Continue reading…





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire